Sunday, September 2, 2012

Blasts from the Past: Jamaican Hummingbirds

[Random shots from my travels around the world over the years]

Recently found an old camera card with photos from an April 2004 trip to Jamaica with Rich Hoyer.  Lots of cool birds and great memories, including a sweep of the endemics, and potential splits.  Given that we did that fairly easily, we spent time looking for herps and came up with some cool things.  Just going to post the four hummingbird species for now.  A little color ....

Black-billed Streamertail

Red-billed Streamertail

Jamaican Mango

Vervain Humminbgbird

1 comment:

  1. I see those birds every year still, but I've never again seen the Typhlops, without doubt the most exciting snake I've ever found. Look forward to seeing your photos of it, since I seem to have none myself.

    ReplyDelete